History: The original portion, the Drill Hall, was constructed in 1943 for military training purposes. It was subsequently handed over to the City and converted to community use. In 2002, the Drill Hall was extensively renovated and the Fieldhouse was added. The fieldhouse also has a running/walking track for track pass holders to get their daily walk or run in.
Activities: The facility hosts Community Use evenings except for the months of July and August. Activities vary and are open to the general public on a drop-in admission basis.
The facility is available on an hourly rental basis as well, either by booking the full floor or half floor.
Fieldhouse: The main 180’ x 80’ space features a rubberized multi-sport floor with the second level providing seating for 250 spectators.
The fieldhouse has a running / walking track for track pass holders to get their daily walk or run regardless of the weather. Track passes are available at the Community Services Offices in the Aquatic Centre and Recreation Centre, as well as at the Aquatic Reception desk in the Aquatic Centre. (Rudy Swanson Park, 53 Street & 44 Avenue).